Launch date: 2011
2021 Revenue: US$4,738.2m
- Amazon Spain: https://www.amazon.es/
- Amazon Vendor Central Spain: https://vendorcentral.amazon.es
- Amazon Seller Central Spain: https://sellercentral.amazon.es
- Amazon Advertising Spain: https://advertising.amazon.es
- eBay Spain: https://www.ebay.es/
- Etsy Spain: https://www.etsy.com/market/spain
- AliExpress Spain: https://es.aliexpress.com
- Alibaba Spain: https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/alibaba-in-spain.html
In the News
- In 2020, Amazon Spain invested more than 2.5 Billion Euros in an attempt to reach their customers and improve their services, despite the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to this, the company launched two fulfilment centres and three delivery stations located across Spain. Nearing the end of 2020, Amazon has become the largest job creation vehicle in Spain which has expanded to more than 12,000 people.
- Premium Day, 15 July, 2015 – this even was hosted to celebrate Amazon’s 20th birthday with its premium customers which consisted of customer receiving special offerings.
- Casa Amazon, 21 November to 25, 2018 – this was the first pop-up store in Spain that provided insight to customers regarding specials. The event also included activities for those who attended, including workshops, and an introduction to new products/brands, among other exciting and new things.
- Prime Day Live, 15 June, 2021 – This was Amazon’s music event which was hosted by some well-known artists.
- Since 2011, when Amazon Spain was launched, there has been many controversies and criticism the company received by the public regarding some of their actions. In December 2011, only a few months after Amazon Spain launched, they received negative responses from small businesses regarding a once-off deal they listed in aid of promoting its new Price Check application; customers were offered a $5 discount for purchasing the item on Amazon instead. This led to companies like Taap, eBay, and Groupon offering customers a $10 discount to counter the actions of Amazon and ensure their customers continued to purchase with them.
- Further in July 2014, a lawsuit against Amazon Spain was filed by the Federal Trade Commission for promoting in-app purchases to underage children without their parental consent.
- In 2019, Amazon banned skin-lightening and racist-related products that could negatively have affected the health of consumers.
Amazon Spain: Warehouse/Fulfilment Locations
- Avigunda De les Garrigues 6-8, 08820 El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
- Carrer De La Vernada, 22, 08107 Martorelles, Spain
- Carrer Ferro, 12, 08755 Castellbisbal, Barcelona, Spain
- EU Sarl C/O Amazon Spain Fulfilment, S.L, Avenida De Astronomía, 24, 28830 San Fernando De Henares, Madrid, Spain
- Poligono de Los Vailanes, 28096 Madrid, Spain
- XPO Logistics, Avenida Río Henares, 16, 19208 Alovera, Guadalajara, Spain
- Avenida Del Rio Henares, 19208 Alovera, Guadalajara, Spain
- Kuehne & Nagel Warehouse, Amazon Deliveries, Avenida de las Puntas, 10, 43120 Constantí, Tarragona, Spain