Amazon Seller Central Business Value
Amazon Seller Central Inventory Reports
Section 12: Referral Fee Preview Report
The Referral Fee Preview Report Overview
• The Referral Fee Preview Report shows the estimated referral fee amount for each of your current listings on Amazon.
• The referral fee shown in the report is based on your current listed item price and does not account for shipping or gift wrap charges applied at the time of purchase.
• Additional selling fees, including variable closing fees, may apply when your item is sold.
• The information contained in this report may be up to 72 hours old.
• The report can only be requested once per 24 hours.
Creating a Referral Fee Preview Report
• To create the Referral Fee Preview Report, select “Inventory Reports” from the Drop-Down Menu of the “Inventory” tab on the top menu of Seller Central.
• On the next page, select “Referral Fee Preview Report” from the “Select Report Type” Drop-Down Menu provided.
• You can now click the “Request Report” button.
• Your report will appear in the table below with a “Pending” status.
• Once it is ready to be downloaded, the status will change to “Ready” and you will see the “Download” link has become live.
• Click on this “Download” link and download your report to your computer as needed.
Understanding the Referral Fee Preview Report
• After you have downloaded and opened your Referral Fee Preview Report, you will see the following fields or columns: seller-sku, asin, item-name, price and estimated-referral-fee-per-item.
• The “seller-sku” Column refers to the SKU of your product, which you would have assigned.
• The “asin” Column refers to the ASIN of the product, which Amazon would have assigned.
• The “item-name” Column refers to the name of the product.
• The “price” Column refers to the price you sell the product for on Amazon.
• The “estimated-referral-fee-per-item” Column is what Amazon takes as a referral fee based on the price of your product.
Uses of the Referral Fee Preview Report
• This is a very useful report to give you an estimate of your product profit as it shows you what the referral fee is per item that you sell.
• While it is not the final referral fee, it still goes a long way to indicating what the pure profit is per product you sell on Amazon to consumers.
• The gift wrapping and shipping costs are over and above your simple product price and would need to be factored in on their own in any report you run.