The Inside Scoop on Stores
• What is a Store?
Amazon Stores are a way of creating a custom brand destination on Amazon while bringing an online store experience. Stores are a free and fairly intuitive service made up of pre-formatted, customizable layouts available to any Amazon 1P or 3P merchant. Amazon stores allow merchants to create a one stop shop for all of your listings and just your listings. You can use storefronts to create your own custom immersive virtual shopping experience right on the Amazon platform. Stores are a great way to fully display your brand and your product listings. You have access to content tiles that aren’t available in the A+ Content Manager as well as the option to add videos.
• Why create an Amazon Store?
There are many reasons to start an Amazon Store. Since it is a free tool that comes with being a vendor or seller on Amazon, the barrier to entry is low. We have distilled the main reasons you would want to start an Amazon Store into a few key points:
1. Stores provide a shopping experience that features solely your listings. Unlike normal product listing pages which are filled with distractions and ways to leave your listing, Storefronts are exclusively made up of your content. In fact, the only way to leave your store is through Amazon’s header which disappears as soon as you scroll below the fold. This creates an immersive experience for shoppers where you can fully display your brand, just like your own website.
2. Stores allow you to utilize large High definition video content tiles.Nowhere else on Amazon can you create a video that previews so large. Creating custom thumbnails is a powerful tool to get people interested in a product, a feature, or your brand story. Video is highly engaging and a great way to draw people into the store so you will often see video right on the homepage.
3. Stores allow you to create dedicated pages for specific product lines. If you have a large catalog of products, it is incredibly beneficial to be able to categorize your products in a way that is helpful for shoppers to guide them to what they are looking for. You can easily create sub-pages to further categorize your product lines.Creating dedicated pages for products allows you to combine listings, images, video, and text to essentially create a landing page strictly for your products.
4. The creation of custom URLs. Creating custom URLS allows you capitalize on both internal and external traffic. You can now use your Amazon Store link on your Amazon marketing campaigns, in online campaigns outside Amazon such as Google and e-mail or share them on your brand’s social media.
5. Stores allow you to develop brand equity and loyalty. With product listings, you are trying to cram as much information in the most succinct way possible. There’s not much room to showcase your brand. Here’s where stores come in. With stores, you get much more breathing room. This is your dedicated space and so you can truly show off your brands identity. Feel free to share your brand values, your mission statement, and your brand story. Use the space to bridge the gap between your brand outside of Amazon and your brand on Amazon.