Amazon Seller Central Business Value
Amazon Seller Central Inventory Reports
Section 1: Inventory Report
The Inventory Report Overview
• The Inventory Report is a tab-delimited file that you can open in any spreadsheet, notepad or database program, such as Microsoft Access or Microsoft Excel.
• It gives you a simple overview of the following:
* Your List of SKUs currently on your Seller Central Account;
* The ASIN for each;
* The Price for each; and
* The Available Quantity for each.
Creating an Inventory Report
• In order to create an Inventory Report, select “Inventory Reports” from the Drop-Down Menu of the “Inventory” tab on the top menu of Seller Central.
• On the next page, select “Inventory Report” from the “Select Report Type” Drop-Down Menu provided.
• Should you wish to customize your report first, click the “Customize the columns for this report” link.
• On the following page, select your Report Type from the Drop-Down Menu provided.
• Select the Group you wish to run the report for from the available Drop-Down Menu.
• Select the field you wish to add from the table of Available Attributes to the left of the page and click the “Add” button in between the two tables.
• This field will then appear in the table to the right of the page.
• You can opt to remove one of the fields you have added by clicking on it in the right table and clicking the “Remove” button in between the two tables.
• The field you removed will then appear in the left side table.
• You can also choose to add all the available attributes by clicking the “Add all” button in between the two tables.
• You can choose to start over by clicking the “reset” button at the bottom right side of the page.
• Once you are happy with your column selections, click the “Save” button at the bottom right of the page.
• Return to your Inventory Reports page by clicking the “Inventory Reports” link at the top left of the page.
• Here you will now see the word “Custom” in brackets alongside your “Inventory Report” from the Drop-Down Menu alongside the Report Type.
• You can now click the “Request Report” button.
• Your report will appear in the table below with a “Pending” status.
• Once it is ready to be downloaded, the status will change to “Ready” and you will see the “Download” link has become live.
• Click on this “Download” link and download your report to your computer as needed.
Understanding the Inventory Report
• Once you open up your Inventory Report that you have just downloaded, you will see the following Columns or Fields in the spreadsheet: SKU, ASIN, Price and Quantity.
• The SKU Column refers to Stock Keeping Units (SKUs), which are unique blocks of letters and/or numbers that identify your products. SKUs are assigned by you as the seller.
• The ASIN Column refers to Amazon Standard Identification Numbers, which are unique blocks of 10 letters and/or numbers that identify items. ASINs are assigned by Amazon. You can find the ASIN on the product detail page at the bottom.
• The Price Column refers to the price you are asking for the product, that is what you are selling the product to the consumer for.
• The Quantity Column refers to the quantity of the product available for purchase. This is also called your inventory position.
Uses of the Inventory Report
• The Inventory Report is a summary of the products that you have available for sale to buyers on Amazon.
• The report provides the SKU, price, quantity, and ASIN for each of your current offers.
• You can use the Inventory Report to reconcile your Amazon listings with your available stock and your own records, kind of like a virtual stock take.
• This is a good way to check the accuracy of your own systems against those of Amazon.
• It is a great report if you have more than 50,000 open listings and would like a very quick overview of everything you have on your Seller Central Catalog.