Amazon Seller Central Business Value
Amazon Seller Central Inventory Reports
Section 10: Category Listing Report
The Category Listing Report Overview
• This report is not visible on all accounts at all times.
• You would need to create a case with Amazon Support, requesting them to enable the Catalog Listing Report in the account.
• Once enabled, it will be active for seven days only.
• Download a Category Listings Report for a list of items belonging to a particular category.
• This report can be uploaded as an Inventory File.
Creating a Category Listing Report
• To create the Category Listing Report, select “Inventory Reports” from the Drop-Down Menu of the “Inventory” tab on the top menu of Seller Central.
• On the next page, select “Catalog Listings Report” from the “Select Report Type” Drop-Down Menu provided.
• Select which category you would like to run the report for from the Drop-Down Menu provided alongside the “Select Category” section.
• You can also choose to select “All” to run the report for all categories at once in a single report.
• Select your Report Format, either “Excel” or “Text”.
• Select the Lookback Date as required.
• Select the Status Filter from the Drop-Down Menu provided, these statuses being “Active”, “Inactive”, “Incomplete” or “Inactive (Out of Stock).
• You can now click the “Request Report” button.
• Your report will appear in the table below with a “Pending” status.
• Once it is ready to be downloaded, the status will change to “Ready” and you will see the “Download” link has become live.
• Click on this “Download” link and download your report to your computer as needed.
Understanding the Category Listing Report
• After you have downloaded and opened your Category Listing Report, you will see the following tabs in the file: Instructions, Images, Example, Data Definitions, Template and Valid Values.
• The “Instructions” tab explains how to use this template or report.
• The “Images” tab explains what images are required for each listing and their formats.
• The “Example” tab gives an example of a product listing for you to review.
• The “Data Definitions” tab explains each of the fields or columns in the template itself.
• The “Template” tab is where you can view all your catalog listings per category, edit these or create new listings.
• The “Valid Values” tab shows you which values are acceptable for each field or column.
• Any cells highlighted in red on this report or template would need to be filled and are required.
Uses of the Category Listing Report
• The most important use of the Category Listing Report is to use it as a template to upload new or updated products.
• When you have finished entering your product data into the Template tab, you can save the entire workbook as an Excel file or you can save the Template tab (only) as a Text (tab-delimited) (*.txt) file.
• This is your inventory file that you will upload via the Add Products via Upload page in Seller Central.
• Upload your file from the “Check and Upload your Inventory File” section of the Add Products via Upload page in Seller Central.
• When uploading, you can select “Check Your File” before submitting or skip this step and upload your file immediately.
• The “Check Your File” option will check your template for common listing errors and will automatically configure variations in your template.
• It will not add products to your catalog.
• When you upload your file, Amazon’s system will automatically validate your data file as it is submitted.
• When your submission is complete, you will be able to download a processing report.
• Any errors in the upload will appear in a Processing Report.
• This report can be downloaded from the “Monitor Upload Status” section of the Add Products via Upload page in your seller account on Seller Central.
• More about the Catalog Listing Report Template can be found in the Seller Central Catalog Management Course.