Amazon Seller Central Business Value
Amazon Seller Central Inventory Reports
Section 15: Referral Fee Discounts Report
The Referral Fee Discounts Report Overview
• Download the Referral Fee Discounts Report for a summary of your fee discounts on your referral fees. The information in this report may be up to 24 hours old.
• Referral fee discounts are limited-time offers designed to help you list popular products at competitive prices with convenient shipping to Amazon customers.
• You can find available fee discount opportunities on the Fee discounts page, Pricing Dashboard, Manage Inventory and through your Selling Coach.
• Amazon currently offers three types of referral fee discounts:
* Price-related: Get a discount by improving your price competitiveness.
* Selection-related: Get a discount by increasing your selection.
* Prime-related: Get a discount by increasing your selection of Prime products.
• This report will show you which discounts you have received for which SKUs in the past 24 hours.
Creating a Referral Fee Discounts Report
• To create the Referral Fee Discounts Report, select “Inventory Reports” from the Drop-Down Menu of the “Inventory” tab on the top menu of Seller Central.
• On the next page, select “Referral Fee Discounts Report” from the “Select Report Type” Drop-Down Menu provided.
• You can now click the “Request Report” button.
• Your report will appear in the table below with a “Pending” status.
• Once it is ready to be downloaded, the status will change to “Ready” and you will see the “Download” link has become live.
• Click on this “Download” link and download your report to your computer as needed.
Understanding the Referral Fee Discounts Report
• Once you have downloaded and opened the Referral Fee Discounts Report, you will see the following fields or columns: Promotion type, Marketplace, ASIN, SKU, Product name, Current price, Referral Fee at current price, Target price, Referral Fee at target price, Discount amount, Discount type, Discount start date, Discount end date, Buy Box price and Description.
• The “Promotion type” Column refers to the type of promotion an ASIN is eligible for. For example, a Pricing promotion or a Selection promotion.
• The “Marketplace” Column refers to the marketplace where the fee discount is valid.
• The “Current price” Column refers to the current price of your ASIN (note that there can be a delay of up to 24 hrs. in displaying this price).
• The “Referral Fee at current price” Column refers to what the referral fee is for the current price.
• The “Target price” Column refers to the suggested price for which the ASIN will receive a referral fee discount.
• The “Referral Fee at target price” Column refers to what the referral fee would be for the target price.
• The “Discount amount” Column refers to what the discount amount is to reach the target price.
• The “Discount Type” Column refers to what type of discount is offered.
• The “Discount start date” Column refers to when the discount will start.
• The “Discount end date” Column refers to when the discount will end.
• The “Buy Box price” Column refers to what the price will be in the Buy Box.
• The “Description” Column refers to the description of the offer.
Uses of the Referral Fee Discounts Report
• This report is obviously best used to see which of your SKUs received fee discounts in the past 24 hours.
• It is a very helpful report for your Sales and Marketing Teams as well to glean how effective a discount offer has been on a particular SKU and whether you would find it necessary and affordable to deepen the Target Price and Discount in your own promotions and coupons on your Seller Central Account once the these limited-time offers have ended.