Amazon Seller Central Business Value
Amazon Seller Central Payment Reports
Section 5: The Advertising Invoices and Statements
The Advertising Invoices Overview
• Your Advertising Invoices are essentially located in the Advertising Invoice History Tab of the Payments Page.
• They appear in a table format on this page and allow you to view, download and see immediately what the total amount is for the invoice itself.
• It will also show the date the invoice was issued and the date it was paid.
• It will also indicate the payment method by which it was paid.
• Most Sellers prefer to pay via Credit Card, but one can setup payment options by going to the Advertising Invoice History Tab, which incidentally leads you to the Billing and Payments page of your Advertising Consol.
• At the top of this Page, to the left of the “Amount Due” and “Current Billing Period” sections, you will see the “Payment Methods” block. At the bottom of this, it will indicate your Default Payment Method.
• Beneath this is a link stating “Manage Payment Settings” which you can click through to in order to manage or amend your default payment method.
Downloading Advertising Invoices and Statements
• To download an Advertising Invoice, select “Payments” from the Drop-Down Menu of the “Reports” Tab on the Top Menu of Seller Central.
• On the next page, under the “Advertising Invoice History” Tab, you will see a table of all your advertising invoices from most recent to oldest.
• Alternately, you can click the “Custom” button at the top right side of the table to change the date range or period for the invoice you are looking for.
• You can view each invoice by clicking on the Invoice Number link itself in the “Invoice” Column of the table.
• You can download the invoice by clicking the download icon to the right of the invoice number in the “Invoice” Column of the table.
Understanding the Advertising Invoice
• When opening up each invoice that you have either downloaded or opened to view on the Advertising Billing and Payments Page, you will see such relevant information as:
* The Total Invoiced Amount including Tax;
* Invoice Number;
* PO Number;
* Invoice Date;
* Invoice Period;
* Payment Type; and
* Invoice Currency.
• Further down on the invoice, you will find the following information:
* The Summary of Portfolio Charges, which will be the totals for the different types of advertising campaigns run during this period; and
* The Individual Line items per item in each of these Portfolios and this is the important part as you can see number of clicks, cost per click and then total for that specific campaign. In the Advertising Reports Course, we will go through how these match up to the reports that you can pull for your advertising campaigns and how you reconcile them to your Invoice.
• At the bottom of the page, you will find the following:
* Total amount billed;
* Total adjustments;
* Tax (and percentage %); and
* Total amount due.
Uses of the Advertising Invoices Dashboard
• Obviously, the purpose of the Advertising Invoices Billing and Payments Dashboard is for you to download your invoices, view your invoices and see which invoices have been paid.
• Further to this, you are able to use these invoices in order to reconcile against your Advertising Reports so that you know how well each of your campaigns is doing and how much you are spending on each of them.
• This is very handy when you are deciding whether to create more campaigns for similar products or cull ones that are not working and costing you more money than they are worth.
• Your invoices and payments thereof are also good information for tracking your advertising budgets per campaign.