Amazon Seller Central Business Value
Amazon Seller Central Seller Fulfilled Prime
Section 1: Seller Fulfilled Prime
Seller Fulfilled Definition
• Seller Fulfilled means that you fulfil your orders from consumers who purchase your products from the Amazon websites yourself.
• In this instance, when a customer buys one of your products from Amazon, you will then pick, pack and ship the product yourself directly to the customer.
• Amazon will deduct their referral fee or commission fee from the sale as and you will receive the balance in your account from Amazon.
• The advantage to fulfilling orders yourself is that you can be sure they are packaged securely and can even customize your parcel by including a personal message or a little thank you gift for purchasing your product.
• The disadvantage is obviously that you will need to keep on hand packaging materials, labels, et cetera, and would need to deal with the courier or mail yourself.
• Amazon Prime is a paid subscription service offered by Amazon that gives users access to services that would otherwise be unavailable, or cost extra, to the typical Amazon customer.
• This includes free two-day delivery, Two hour delivery for a fee through Prime Now, streaming music and video, and other benefits.
• Vendors and Sellers can opt to include their products in the prime offerings through the Amazon backend portals, agreements and advertising options available to them.
Seller Fulfilled Prime Definition
• Now that we know what Seller Fulfilled is and what Prime is, we can now deduce exactly what Seller Fulfilled Prime is.
• That’s right! Seller Fulfilled Prime is the Prime program that allows you to deliver directly to domestic Prime customers from your own warehouse.
• By displaying the Prime badge, you are committing to fulfill orders with Two-Day Delivery at no additional charge for Prime customers.
Eligibility Criteria for Seller Fulfilled Prime
• In order to be eligible for Seller Fulfilled Prime, the following applies:
* Maintain a Professional selling plan: You must have an account with a Professional selling plan, and the account must be active and in good standing.
* Carrier Pickup Time: Use at least one of the approved Buy Shipping Service carriers. For Standard or Two-Day Shipping orders, carriers must pick up at the seller’s location at or after 4:00 p.m. local. (Note that this varies from marketplace to marketplace depending on the country you are located in.)
• In addition, sellers must meet or exceed the following performance:
* An On-Time Shipment rate of at least 99% on Prime orders
* Use of Buy Shipping Services for at least 99% of Prime orders
* A Cancellation rate of no more than 0.5% on Prime orders
* An On-Time Delivery rate of at least 97% on Prime orders where shipping was purchased outside of Buy Shipping Services
* The Seller must be able to offer Free Two-Day Shipping to nearly all addresses in the continental U.S., except those mentioned as ineligible;
* The Seller must be able to offer Free Standard Shipping to addresses in Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. protectorates as well as P.O. Boxes in the continental U.S.;
* The Seller must not be able to offer shipping to the Ineligible APO/FPO addresses and International destinations;
* It is important to note that options for shipping as per the points above may be slightly different in other marketplaces, given their unique geographic locations.
* Sellers must also offer free shipping to Prime members who select delivery options that are slower than the Prime shipping benefits for which they are eligible.
* When offering Same-Day Delivery or One-Day Delivery, sellers must offer Free Same-Day and Free One-Day Delivery to Prime members.
* In addition, Sellers must offer all buyers free Standard shipping, regardless of whether the buyer is a Prime member. For faster shipping options (for example, Two-Day Delivery or One-Day Delivery.), buyers who are not Prime members pay shipping rates that you set.
* Sellers must purchase all shipping labels for orders containing a Prime item through Buy Shipping Services.
* Sellers agree that Amazon might charge the costs of any returns, refunds or other adjustments and concessions related to Prime items to the seller’s account.
* Sellers must have a Prime order limit per shipping day. Your daily order limit is the number of Amazon Prime orders that you can reliably ship every day.
* Sellers remain responsible for pre-order buyer inquiries and inquiries related to their products.
Enabling Seller Fulfilled Prime on your account
• Now that you have discovered that you have met all the criteria to become Seller Fulfilled Prime enabled, this is how you go about enabling Seller Fulfilled Prime on your account.
• In order to enable Seller Fulfilled Prime on your account, you need to register for the initial trial phase first by going to the “Seller Fulfilled Prime” main page and signing up to start your trial.
• Enable Prime shipping in your Prime trial shipping template.
• Review Prime Shipping Requirements.
• Enroll items in Seller Fulfilled Prime by assigning SKUs to your Prime shipping template.
• Note: During the trial period, all SKUs assigned to a Prime shipping template will count as Prime trial orders, regardless of the buyer’s location.
• All Prime trial orders will contribute toward the trial period performance requirements described below.
• Fulfill Prime trial orders by identifying Prime trial orders according to the Prime badge displayed on the “Manage Orders” page in Seller Central and the “isprime” identifier in “Order Reports”.
• Fulfill these orders according to the requirements on Fulfilling Seller Fulfilled Prime via Email Notification and via Seller Central.
• During the trial period, you must meet the following performance requirements on a minimum of 50 Prime trial orders:
* An On-Time Shipment Rate of at least 99% for Prime trial orders. Regardless of the shipping speed selected by the customer, Prime trial orders must be shipped on the same day the order is received, as long as the customer places the order before the seller’s cutoff time.
* Use of Buy Shipping Services for at least 99% Prime trial orders.
* A cancellation rate of no more than 0.5% for Prime trial orders.
• Make sure that you only add SKUs to the Prime Shipping template that you can fulfil quickly in order to maintain these metrics.
• Until you complete the trial period, Seller Fulfilled Prime will not be active on your account and the Prime badge will not be visible on the items you have enrolled in Seller Fulfilled Prime.
• If your metrics fail during the 50 trial orders, you will have to start your 50 trial orders all over again from scratch.
• 24 hours after you become eligible for the Seller Fulfilled Prime program, the SKUs mapped to one or more of your Prime Templates will automatically display the Prime badge to customers.
• To maintain eligibility for Seller Fulfilled Prime, you are required to meet the same Prime trial performance requirements.
• In addition to gaining eligibility for the Seller Fulfilled Prime program, your Prime items will also show guaranteed delivery date messaging.
• Sellers whose performance metrics fall below required levels are no longer eligible for Seller Fulfilled Prime, but can continue selling those items on Amazon without Prime badging.
• To reactivate or re-enable Seller Fulfilled Prime on your account, you’ll need to do the following:
* Correct the issues that caused your account to be Suspended from Seller Fulfilled Prime;
* Bring the minimum Performance Metrics back for Seller Fulfilled Prime;
* Send a “Plan of Action” to the Seller Performance Team, explaining what happened and why and how you will prevent this drop in Performance Metrics in the future; and
* Request that Seller Fulfilled Prime be re-enabled on your account.