Walmart Seller Center Business Value
Walmart Seller Center Analytics
• In this section we’re going to look at the final set of reports in your Analytics Section and this will be Payments.
• You can locate your “Payments” reports under the “Analytics” Heading on your Seller Center dashboard.
• On this page, the first thing you will see is the tab “Statements” upon which you land after clicking the “Payments” heading.
• At the top of this page, you have the option to choose the “Statement Period” with a Drop-Down Menu provided below for the various periods; or the “Annual Summary”, which we will look at in the next video.
• The Statement Summary of the “Statement Period” selected shows you a view of your outstanding balance for an open pay cycle along with the scheduled settlement date and can be downloaded by clicking the “Export Page” button alongside the Period Drop-Down Menu and selecting “Export this Page”.
* Opening Balance: The amount owed to you (if positive) or owed to Marketplace (if negative) at the beginning of a statement period.
* Order Activity: Net activities related to sales, refunds & adjustments.
* Walmart Fulfillment Services: Fees related to your Walmart Fulfillment Services (WFS) account.
* Reserves: The amount temporarily withheld to cover expected refunds, calculated from your historical refund rates.
* Paid to You: The amount paid to you.
* Closing Balance: The amount owed to you (if positive) or owed to Marketplace (if negative) at the close of a statement period.
* Account Balance: The amount to be paid to you at the close of a statement period.
* Scheduled Settlement Date: Date when the account balance, if positive, will be paid to you.
* Settlement Date: Date when the account balance, if positive, is paid to you.
* Payment Processor: Either Payoneer or Hyperwallet, the vendor you selected during onboarding to deliver your payments.
* Settlement Cycle: The period of time starting on a Saturday and ending on a Friday, for which an account statement is produced.
* Reserve to Date: Total reserves, from the previous and the current statement, held to cover expected refunds.
• Your Closing Balance is including the Opening Balance plus your Sales and Refunds and minus what has been paid to you. Your Sales and Refunds are made up of the following:
* Product Price
* Shipping Cost
* Net Tax Collected
* Commission for Walmart
* Net Tax Withheld
• Detailed Payment reports (also known as Reconciliation Reports) are available for download only for closed statements and now are available in a new format.
• It is important to note that Seller Center only retains Payment Reports for eighteen months.
• If you wish to reference payments older than eighteen months, you will need to save copies of your payment reports for your records.
• In order to download your Payment Details Report, select the relevant period from the Drop-Down Menu provided under the “Statement Period” selection, click the “Download Report” button alongside it and select “Payments Report (Legacy)”.
• A Payment Details Report zip file will download, open the zipped folder to extract your report.
• Your Payment Details reports, or Reconciliation Reports, provide details for all order activity during the payment period like shipping charges, commission rates, etc.
• You should review this report each pay cycle to verify that all transactions were processed as expected.
• The Payment Details report provides data about your sales. Some of the most important details include:
* Walmart.com Order #: The Order Number that the Walmart customer receives.
* Walmart.com PO #: A unique number assigned to a specific Purchase Order.
* Walmart.com Order Line #: The line number within the Purchase Order of the particular SKU that was ordered.
* Transaction Type: This indicates whether the transaction was a sale or a refund.
* Partner Item ID (SKU): The SKU of the item that was purchased.
* Partner GTIN: The GTIN of the item (if applicable).
* Partner Item name: The name of your item as it appears on Walmart.com.
* Shipping method: The method of shipment selected by the customer.
* Total tender to/from customer: The total amount a Walmart customer paid.
* Payable to Partner from Sale: The total amount paid to a Walmart Seller (sales minus commission).
* Commission from Sale: The total amount paid to Walmart as a commission.
* Commission Rate: The rate applied to your sale order; determined by the Contract Category of the item.
* Gross Sales Revenue: The total item sales paid to the Seller, not including shipping.
* Refunded Retail Sales: The total sales refunded to a Walmart customer.
* Gross Shipping Revenue: The total sales paid to a Seller for shipping.
* Gross Shipping Refunded: The total sales refunded to a Walmart customer for shipping.
* Total NET Tax Collected: The amount that was paid to Sellers for things such as item tax or shipping tax.
* Spec Category: The category of the ingestion template (also called the Full Item Spec) that best matches your item.
* Contract Category: The product category used to determine the commission for the item, as listed in the Walmart Marketplace Retailer Agreement.
* Original Item Price: (Applies to a small number of Sellers; you will likely see no data in this column). Selling price entered by Seller.
* Original Commission Amount: (Applies to a small number of Sellers; you will likely see no data in this column) Commission calculated based on the selling price entered by the Seller.
• You can use this information to identify trends or look up details related to past transactions.
• If you have enabled marketplace replacements, your Payment Details report will have replacement order details.
• In addition to the Payment Details listed above, you will see the following fields in your Payments Reports:
* A new column Exchange Order # will be added at the end of the report that will provide a reference to the original Order # for the Replacement Order.
* Replacement Orders will be visible in your payment report. The Transaction Type column will read Exchange. The Payable to Partner from Sale will equal 0, and Commission from Sale will equal 0 since there is no money being exchanged in that transaction, but a new Purchase Order was created for the replacement order.
• Your payment activity is also available to view and download from Payoneer or Hyperwallet.
• The calculation for your payment includes:
* Shipped order notices received during your payment cycle, fewer commissions.
* Refunded orders processed by you or Walmart Customer Care.
* Order adjustments (credits or debits), when applicable.
* Any outstanding negative balance from a previous payment cycle.
• The total of all amounts listed in the column “Total Payable to Partner” equals the amount Walmart remits to you.
• Note that orders are included in a pay period based on the order ship date, not the order
• The Payment Details report also includes information to help you verify how each item sold was categorized and charged.
• To confirm your items’ categories and commissions, you should:
* Verify that each item is assigned the most appropriate Spec Category and related Contract Category. The Spec Category refers to the category of the ingestion template (also called Spec file) that best matches your item. The Contract Category is the product category used to determine the commission for the item, as listed in the Walmart Marketplace Retailer Agreement and the Referral Fees schedule.
* Verify that the Commission Rate applied is accurate for the Contract Category, as outlined in the Walmart Referral Fees schedule.
• Should you find any discrepancies in your report, you may contact Partner Support for assistance or click the “Report Issue” link at the bottom of your Statement Summary.
* A little extra explanation for settlement dates is as follows:
* Settlement Date is the date when settlements are posted to sellers.
• Type is the type of settlement being posted, which can be:
* Full, which is 100% of partners are paid.
* Partial, which refers to strategic/high value/low risks sellers are paid.
• Cycle Cut-off Date is the last day in the settlement cycle for which transactions are included.
• Funding Date is the date when settlements are funded with our payment processors.
• Funds Available On is the date that sellers (paid via ACH) will see funds in their bank account.
• For sellers paid via a ‘wallet’, the funds are available on Settlement Date and they control how they access their funds.
• The Annual Summary can be located by selecting “Payments” from the “Analytics” section on your Seller Center Dashboard.
• On the “Payments” page, under the “Statements” tab, select “Annual Summary”.
• You will also have the option to select which annum you wish to view from the Drop- Down Menu provided and can download this Summary in PDF format by clicking the “Export Page” button.
• Your Annual Summary Report will show you the following Balances for the year you chose:
* Adjustments; and
* Other Activities, which normally includes Walmart Advertising.
• The final set of reports is the “Search Transactions” reports and can be located by selecting “Payments” from the “Analytics” Heading and then clicking on the “Search Transactions” Tab on the “Payments” page.
• The Search Transactions dashboard allows you to view transactions by searching for a Purchase Order Number or Sale Order Number by selecting the relevant number from the Drop-Down Menu provided and entering that number in the text box alongside.
• If you search for a Purchase Order, you will get all line items associated with that Purchase Order.
• The search result displays the following order line-item details:
* Order Date;
* Sale Order Number;
* Sale Order Line Number;
* Purchase Order Number;
* Purchase Order Line Number;
* Item ID Number;
* Ship Quantity;
* Net Revenue, which shows the net amount that you earned/will earn on that line item for the order after factoring all transactions such as Sale, Customer Refund, and Disputes associated with the line item; and
* Fulfillment Type.
• You can download this report by clicking the “Export” button to the top right side of the table.
• All line items that appear in the search results can be expanded to further visualize the complete lifecycle of the line item.
• The expanded view will provide the following transaction information:
* Transaction Date;
* Transaction Type;
* Transaction Description;
* Settlement Status;
* Settlement Date; and
* Net Payable.
• Settlement Status and Settlement Date will indicate if Walmart has paid you for a transaction and provide the date of the completed settlement.
• Click the “Download Report” link below the date displayed in the Settlement Date column to download the complete “Payment Report” for all the transactions that were settled on that date.
• You can see even more detail by clicking on the dollar value in the “Net Payable” column, where you will be taken to a page containing a detailed breakdown of that specific Transaction Type.
• This will help you understand how the Net Payable amount was calculated for that transaction. You will see a breakdown of the following:
* Product Price;
* Product Tax;
* Shipping Tax;
* Other Taxes (Fees);
* Net Amount collected from Buyer;
* Product Tax Withheld;
* Shipping Tax Withheld;
* Other Taxes (Fees) Withheld;
* Commission Rate;
* Commission on Product Price;
* Commission on Shipping; and
* Net Payable Amount.